Jupiter Island Mosquitoes
June 1, 2018
Jupiter Island is a city in Martin County with a beautiful and attractive environment that makes you want to spend the days outside under the warm sun. Spending your time outdoors shouldn’t be a worry, but as the rainy season begins to approach, so do the worries of outdoor pests.
One pest that will be growing in population is the mosquito. With an abundant amount of rain, the number of mosquitoes in the area will continue to rise which can put a damper on the days at the park, a stroll down the street, even those graduation parties you have planned.
Not only do mosquitoes and their itchy bites become a nuisance, but they can also spread diseases. Mosquitoes carry a variety of diseases and viruses like the Zika virus, malaria, dengue fever, and yellow fever, making them the deadliest insect in the world.
To reduce the chances of getting mosquito bites you can implement the following tips:
1. The number one preventative measure is always to remove the standing water around your home. This includes emptying flower pots, birdbaths, buckets, small pools, and grill covers.
2. Make sure your gutters are working properly.
3. Eliminate the heavy vegetation in your yard. Keeping your yard well maintained will eliminate the amount of moisture in the area.
4. Wear long sleeved clothing; tops and bottoms.
5. Use EPA approved repellent.
Of course, not everyone wants to walk around in a long sleeve shirt and long pants when it is 85 degrees outside, so one may take a look at alternative measures and hire a pest control professional.
A mosquito control program will help to eliminate most of all adult mosquitoes in your yard, eliminate the breeding sites, and control the mosquito resting areas. A control treatment for mosquitoes is perfect for those who enjoy their leisure time outside and for anyone else who is planning to host an event like a graduation party.
If you want to spend more time outdoors and less time worrying about those pesky mosquitoes, call us today to schedule a free inspection.
< Previous Next >